Household Hazardous Waste Collection
June 13 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Household hazardous wastes are the left-over products from hazardous products used in the home. Some of these wastes exhibit poisonous, combustible, explosive and/or flammable properties. When compared with other types of wastes, HHW are a small component of the waste stream.
If HHW are discarded into the residential solid waste stream, the storm sewer system, or the natural environment, environmental damage may occur. If products are improperly stored in the home there may be negative impacts on the health of the residents.
The HHW Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Household Hazardous Items:
- Oil & Latex Paint
- Paint Thinners & Stain
- Motor Oil
- Aerosol Cans
- Propane Tanks (Large & Small)
- Used Cooking Oil
- Fluorescent Lightbulbs (Compact & Tubes)
- Fire Extinguishers
Things to Remember:
- Materials from contractors and business will not be accepted.
- Seal containers securely where possible (screw tops, paint lids, etc).
- Don’t put items in tied plastic bags; instead transport in open-topped boxes where possible.
- Bring the materials in the trunk of your car to be safe.
- Please make sure all propane tanks have the valves closed and that there is plenty of ventilation in your vehicle.
- We recommend that you wear gloves when handling products.
What NOT to Bring:
- Empty paint cans that can be disposed of during regular curbside collection
- Explosives and ammunitions
- Biomedical waste (ex: syringes)
- Industral, commercial and institutional waste
- Radioactive waste